What You'll Need
Save money and space. Please check with your roommate and/or suitemates to make sure you don’t bring duplicate items like TVs or microwaves.
- UL (Underwriters Laboratories) appliances only (hair dryers, coffee makers, popcorn poppers, etc.). Electric coffee makers and irons are allowed, but they should have an automatic turn-off.
- Small wastebaskets for trash and recycling. Recycling is mandatory in residence halls. At Lincoln Center, only clear trash bags are allowed.
- Linens (mattresses are 36” x 80” at Lincoln Center and Rose Hill), pillows, blankets, and towels.
- Cable-ready television set and coaxial cable for hook-up. Only one television is allowed per room/suite at Rose Hill and per apartment at Lincoln Center.
- Laundry bag, hangers/closet organizers.
- Storage boxes that will fit under your bed.
- Cleaning supplies (Remember, you are responsible for cleaning the entire room; at Lincoln Center and in some upper class Rose Hill residence halls, this includes a kitchen and bathroom.)
- Desk lamp, alarm clock, first-aid kit, and flashlight.
- Residents of McMahon Hall, Salice Conley Hall, Campbell Hall and Walsh Hall should bring silverware, cookware, and other kitchen utensils.
- Residents of Walsh Hall, Alumni Court South and Loschert Hall, should bring their own lamps as there is no overhead lighting.
- Ethernet cable
- Extension Cords
If you bring extension cords, you must bring heavy-duty cords. All power strips MUST have surge protectors/suppressors.
- Small Refrigerators or "Mini Fridge"
Rose Hill: If you choose to bring a small refrigerator to Rose Hill, it may not exceed four cubic feet for the room/suite. Walsh Hall, Salice Conley Hall, Campbell Hall and Belmont Community Housing apartments have a full refrigerator so students are not allowed to bring their own. Walsh Hall, Salice Conley Hall, Campbell Hall and Belmont Community Housing apartments have a full refrigerator so students are not allowed to bring their own.
Lincoln Center: McKeon residents are allowed to bring a Mini-fridge ( no larger than 4 cubic feet) or MicroFridge; McMahon apartments have a full refrigerator so students are not allowed to bring their own.
- Renters Insurance
Please make sure that your parents’ homeowners or renters insurance covers any losses you may incur in the residence halls. The University will not reimburse you for losses due to damage, theft, etc. Please record the serial numbers of the items you bring.
Please Do Not Bring
- Candles (lit or unlit), incense, hot plates, lava lamps, open coils, toaster ovens, space heaters, and halogen lamps. These items are hazardous in the residence hall setting and are not allowed.
- Lofts, bed risers
- Microwave ovens.
- Pets (including fish tanks)
- Rose Hill residents are not allowed to bring microwave ovens.
- McKeon residents are allowed to bring a MicroFridge; McMahon residents are allowed to bring one microwave per apartment.
- Rresidents are not allowed to bring non-University furniture, including futons, couches, chairs, desks, drawing tables, and refrigerators.
- Wireless access points
- Furniture (book cases, shelving units, desks, futons, etc.)
- Lanyard for room key
- Small wallet or ID holder
- Cards/games/sports equipment