Visiting International Students
Students seeking short-term, full-time study at Fordham for a fall or spring semester while matriculated at another college or university should apply for visiting student admission. To be considered, please complete the online Visiting Student Application.
Fall Semester Admission
Deadline - May 1
Notification Date - Rolling after May 1
Spring Semester Admission
Deadline - November 1
Notification Date - Rolling after November 1
- Visiting Student Application with essay
- Application fee of $70
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- All transcripts should be original documents submitted directly from your school to Fordham University's Office of Undergraduate Admission. Copies must be certified by the school or an EducationUSA center. If the transcript is in a foreign language, please provide an English language translation of the document with your application.
- 3.0 GPA recommended
- English Language Proficiency Exam Scores
- International students whose first language is not English must demonstrate their proficiency through standardized test scores (TOEFL iBT: 90+, Fordham code: 2259; IELTS: 7.0+)
- Letter from home college or university confirming:
- Current good standing with eligibility to return for full-time study
- Approval of leave of absence for established period of time (typically one to two semesters)
- Accepted transfer of Fordham credits to current degree program
- Visa Requirements
Important Additional Information
- Visiting Students are required to complete a full-time academic course load (minimum 12 undergraduate credits per semester). Students interested in part-time study can apply through Fordham's School of Professional and Continuing Studies.
- Students only interested in enrollment in summer courses at Fordham are not required to submit the Visiting Student Application. Please review more detailed information about registration for Fordham Summer Session.
- Visiting students are not eligible to receive need-based financial aid nor merit scholarships.
- On-campus housing is not available. We encourage you to explore our resources for off-campus housing options at Rose Hill and Lincoln Center.