Severe Weather | Delayed Openings The Westchester campus and the Calder Center will delay opening until 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 17. Complete Details

International Transfer Students

Transfer Applicants are those students who have already begun university level study at another institution either in the United States or abroad.

Students who have completed the equivalent of a United States Bachelors degree and are seeking a second degree (even if in a very different field of study) are usually recommended to apply to a Fordham University graduate level program or in some cases to our undergraduate Fordham School of Professional and Continuing Studies. Second degree seekers should generally not apply to the traditional undergraduate colleges at Fordham University.


Transferring Credits

Transferring Credits

If accepted to Fordham University, transfer applicants will receive a transfer credit evaluation which outlines what previous coursework is being considered for credit at Fordham University. Generally, Fordham University gives credit for courses of three credits or more, with a result of C or better and for which Fordham offers a course equivalent. Fordham University may transfer up to a maximum of 60 credits (approximately two years of study) from other institutions.

Fordham Educational Structure

Fordham Educational Structure

Please note that all Fordham undergraduate students are expected to complete the Core Curriculum and Specific Major Requirements to graduate with a Fordham degree. Students applying from international universities where their tertiary education has been focused on a single subject area, should keep in mind that undergraduate transfer to Fordham University will require completion of a number of liberal arts and sciences coursework. This may require additional semesters or years of study.


Fall Semester Admission
Deadline: June 1 // Notification Date - Rolling after March 1

Spring Semester Admission
Deadline: November 1 // Notification Date - Rolling after October 1

Application Requirements

  • Professor/faculty letter of recommendation
  • College Report 
    • This required form can be found under the “Recommenders and FERPA” section in the Common Application.  Applicants should download the form and  present it to their current academic advisor, dean or other qualified campus official for completion.  The purpose of this form is to confirm an applicant’s academic and behavioral standing.  A letter of good standing is equivalent to the College Report and can serve as a substitute.
  • Mid-Term Report  
    • This required form can be found under the “Recommenders and FERPA” section in the Common Application.  Applicants should download the form and present it to their professors after mid-terms for completion.  The purpose of this form is to provide further evidence of academic progress.
  • Fordham University Common Application with essay and $70.00 fee
  • Transcripts from all university study
    • All students applying to the Gabelli School of Business must familiarize themselves with the unique curriculum recommendations for transfer admission here.
    • Students who have completed international university coursework must have their transcript evaluated by World Education Services (WES) to be considered for potential transfer credit. Evaluations are not required for international institutions accredited by a United States regional accrediting organization.
  • Transcript from the secondary school or high school from which you graduated
  • English language proficiency exam results
    • Non-native English speakers should submit results from TOEFL, IELTS, PTE-A or CAE exams (required minimum scores listed):
      • 90+ iBT TOEFL (Fordham code is 2259)
      • 575+ PBT TOEFL
      • 7.0+ IELTS
      • 62+ PTE-A (Pearson Test of English - Academic)
      • 67+ CAE (Cambridge English Advanced)
    • ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​As an alternative, local applicants can also take the Fordham University ESL placement evaluation at the Institute of American Language and Culture (IALC) at our Lincoln Center campus. Please email or call +1-212-636-6353 to arrange this. Results will then be forwarded to the Undergraduate Admission Office upon request.

*Important to note that there are special application procedures for students interested in majoring in dance or theatre.

F-1 Student Visa Requirements

If you require Fordham sponsorship for an F-1 student visa, you must submit a completed Application for Certificate of Financial Eligibility (AFCOE), supporting financial/bank statements showing your ability to fund your study at Fordham and the data/photo page of your current passport. We encourage you to submit these documents at the time of your application. The documents can be emailed to

Enrolling students currently in F-1 status must have their SEVIS records transferred to Fordham University. Please complete the top portion of the Transfer Form and have the remaining section completed by your current institution's Office of International Services.